Barcelona vs Chelsea, 2nd Leg, Last-16, Tie is tied at 1-1
Venue- Camp Nou
Match Timing- Tomorrow, 01:15 AM IST
Barcelona vs Chelsea- This is a historical fixture and is the 3rd most fought in the Champions League history. With four wins, Chelsea just manage to edge out their opponents in terms of victories, while the Camp Nou side have won three games against the Blues out of the total 13 matches played between these two special clubs.
The first leg ended all square at 1-1 after Lionel Messi ended his goal drought against Chelsea in the first leg at Stamford Bridge which made Barcelona as the favorites for the quarterfinals.
Chelsea also face an uphill task of scoring a goal at Camp Nou as Barcelona have conceded only 7 goals at home in La Liga and Champions League matches.
Antonio Conte's men are also suffering from away Blues this season. They have lost the last four on the road, and won only two of their last 11 away games. In 2018, the form looks even more gloomy as Chelsea won just four times since the turn of this year.
Barcelona, on the other hand, are a force to be reckoned with this season, and at home they are even more formidable. They have won all the home games in which they went into half-time with a lead.
The Five-time Champions League winners are also unbeaten in their last 14 competitive games since Espanyol shocked them in the Copa del Rey, and have won nine games since then.
Team Form (Last six matches all competitions)
Barcelona - D W D W W W
Chelsea - W W D L L W
The Genius Andres Iniesta will be put through a late fitness test. While January recruit Philippe Coutinho won't be taking any part as he is ineligible after playing for Liverpool in the group stage. Nelson Semedo is also racing against time to be fit for this clash.
Centre-back David Luiz, January signing Ross Barkley, and Tiemoue Bakayoko are all doubts for the visitors.
Antonio Rudiger is expected to partner Gary Cahill in the defence.
Head 2 Head: (All Competitions)
Total - 16
Barcelona - 5
Chelsea - 5
Draw - 6
Take a look at some statistics-
1. Barcelona are winless in their last eight games against Chelsea- Loss- 2, Draws- 6.
2. This will be the 14th fixture involving Barcelona and Chelsea in Europe. Only Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich (18) and Barcelona vs AC Milan (15) have been played on more occasion than this fixture.
3. Liverpool is the only English side to win a Champions League game at Camp Nou.
4. Luis Suarez hasn't scored a goal in the Champions League in the last 881 minutes.
5. Lionel Messi scored his first ever goal against Chelsea- Matches-9, Golas-1.