Former Indian Test cricketer Dilip Sardesai, who is also known as the man responsible for the Renaissance of Indian cricket, made his Test debut for the country in 1961 and made some great contributions during his career.
The legendary batsman played for the country between 1961 and 1971. Here are some facts about Indian cricket’s Renaissance Man:
– Made his India debut in 1961 against England
– Was the first-ever Goa-born player to represent India in Test cricket
– Was part of the Indian team that beat West Indies in 1971, the first ever win in the Carribean
– Became first ever double centurion for Indian in that series
– Was also part of the team that beat England that same year, scored a century in that series
– Scored a total of 10230 runs in First Class cricket playing for India and Mumbai