This is the clash of the mid-table teams and if you are neutral, you may not be too interested in this match unless you feed on your passion for football and is longing for some League action in French football.
The match will be played at Stade de la Meinau as Strasbourg host fellow French League side Guingamp with just two points separating the two teams sitting at 11th and 8th in the table respectively.
Strasbourg are struggling for points at home and have managed just two wins in the 10 games they played at home this season. But the biggest concern for Thierry Laurey is their patchy looking defensive line who have conceded 31 times in just 19 games they played in Ligue 1 this season.
Guingamp on the other hand are 8th in the table, and have accumulated 26 points from their 19 matches. Like their opponents in this match, they are also struggling for goals and the defensive line is also making things worse for Antoine Kombouare. They have scored only 21 times but have conceded 24 goals. This is quite contrary to their last season’s form, in which Guingamp were tight at the back and managed to nick many of their wins by the odd goal.
Take a look at some statistics-
1. Strasbourg have won three times while Guingamp have won four of the last seven meetings between both these clubs.
2. Guingamp have never scored more than one goal in their six away games at Strasbourg in Ligue 1.
3. Strasbourg have lost only two of their last six home games they played against Guingamp in Ligue 1.
4. Strasbourg are unbeaten at home in their last six games in Ligue 1.
5. Guingamp are unbeaten in their last five Ligue 1 games (W3 D2), their longest run since October-November 2016.