Pep Guardiola's dream of winning a quadruple with Manchester City may have come to a shocking end against Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup, but the treble is still on the cards considering City have already won the League Cup and they are going strong both in the Premier League as well as in the Champions League.
After putting Arsenal to the swords twice in a span of four days, the Sky Blues face another stern test in Premier League as Chelsea visit the Etihad Stadium for this crunch tie against the leaders.
Though Guardiola's men may have taken their feet off the pedal in recent weeks, it is worth noting that all their failures have come on the road this season, and at home, they are as ruthless as they have been all season. Only Everton have denied Pep's team all three points in home matches in the Premier League, and that too came in the very first match of the season.
Since that 1-1 draw at the Etihad Stadium, Guardiola's men have racked up 13 straight wins. So Antonio Conte needs to devise a perfect plan to stop City juggernaut.
Chelsea, on the other hand, are struggling to find some rhythm in their performances. In fact, the Blues have been so poor in the last one month or so that they have slipped down to fifth in the table. Also considering both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur won their matches yesterday, moving further away from the Blues.
So the pressure of notching up a win against the league leaders cannot be bigger as a top-4 finish may very well be beyond their reach as only a handful of matches remain in this season's Champions League.
Take a look at some statistics-
1. Manchester City and Chelsea both have won three times against each other in the last seven matches.
2. Chelsea have a 50% winning ratio on the road this season.
3. Manchester City are league's top scorers this season. At home, they are averaging more than three goals per game- Matches- 14, Goals- 50.
4. Chelsea won 3-1 in their last visit to the Etihad last season. The Blues haven't registered back-to-back away wins against City since 2008.
5. If Manchester City win this match, the Cityzens will be doing a league double over Chelsea for the third time in the last eight season.
6. Chelsea have suffered defeat three times in the last four league games. The Blues lost as many times in their last 23 games before this torrid period started.