Romania's Simona Halep continues to maintain a steady hold in Women's Tennis Association (WTA) rankings with 6,921 points. She is followed by Germany's Angelique Kerber, who is way behind the Romanian. Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki remained in the third spot in this week's unchanged top 10. She leads Ukraine's Elina Svitolina and Japan's Naomi Osaka.
Further down the rankings, Australia's Ashleigh Barty climbed four positions to claim the 15th position following her WTA Elite Trophy, at Zhuhai, over China's Qiang Wang.
Following Yafan Wang emerging on top at ITF China 20A final, the Chinese climbed 10 places to take the 73rd spot.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Simona Halep (Romania) 6,921 Points
2. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 5,875
3. Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) 5,586
4. Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 5,350
5. Naomi Osaka (Japan) 5,115
6. Sloane Stephens (USA) 5,023
7. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,630
8. Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 4,465
9. Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) 4,335
10. Daria Kasatkina (Russia) 3,415.
Download the SportsFlashes app for more info on Sports
About the Author
Aditya Sahay, a former cricket reporter/writer and statistician, has shifted gears to other sports (primarily badminton, tennis, kabaddi, hockey, golf etc). While cricket remains his first love, he enjoys covering and writing on kabaddi, hockey and tennis. He dons Germanys jersey during FIFA and believes Dhoni Dhoni hai, isko (aur) mauka mila toh bahut aage jayega